There is a famous New Yorker magazine cartoon of one dog in front of a computer explaining things to another dog . The caption says “On the Internet, no one knows you are a dog.” Sometimes you don’t know who you are dealing with, hopefully it doesn’t matter. Well, this week somebody on a business website wanted to know my gender. I could not stop laughing and could not narrow down the possible response to such a question, so here they are.
1. I am in San Francisco and it does not matter.
2. Check the calendar on your wall. What year is it?
3. Why do you ask?
4. Are you buying me a pair of shoes?
5. Is there a prize for the right answer?
6. I fell asleep in biology class and missed that part of the lecture. Is this an essay question or multiple choice?
7. Which pays more money?
8. What peripherals devices are connected to your computer? On second thought, don’t tell me.
9. On the advice of my attorney I decline to answer that question.
10. Let me check and I’ll get back to you.
Copyright 2013 DJ Cline All rights reserved.