On February 28, 2008 in San Jose the Silicon Valley Engineering Council held its annual SVEC Hall Of Fame Awards. Here are the first set of pictures. There will be more tomorrow.
John Crump was the delightful Master of Ceremonies.
Dhaval Brahmbhatt recognized all the societies that are members of the SVEC.
David Levinson talked about his work in educating students about careers in engineering.
Proclamations from the cities of Milpitas, San Jose and Sunnyvale were given to SVEC President Elise Engelhardt.
KRS Murthy introduced Dr. Greg Papadopoulos of Sun Microsystems who talked about improving the visibility and influence of engineers in public policy.
Dan Oprica introduced the students who won recognition for their outstanding professional activity in engineering and community service.
Elise Engelhardt gave certificates to:
1) Wendy Mu, Saratoga High School, Electrical Engineering
2) Sandeep Chinchali, Monta Vista High School Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
3) Akifumi Kobashi, Henry M. Gunn High School, senior, Computer Science
4) Dominic Molinari, Vintage High School, Environmental Engineering
5) Katherine Soult, Santa Clara University, Civil Engineering
6) Johanna Knudsen, Santa Clara University, Mechanical Engineering
7) Nancy Dougherty, Stanford University, Electrical Engineering
8) Teera Songatikamas, San Jose State University, Electrical Engineering
9) Wesley Steven Cullumber, San Jose State University, Civil Engineering
10) Jesus Everardo Contreras, San Jose State University, Electrical Engineering
11) Sharin Shafian, Jose State University, Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Bernard Widrow introduced this year’s inductees Dr. Ernest Kuh, Dr. Stan Myers and W.J. “Jerry” Sanders into the SVEC Hall Of Fame. All of them stressed the importance of preparing a new generation for new careers in engineering and science.
Copyright 2008 DJ Cline All rights reserved.